Bored of the same old Messenger app icon on your iPhone? Do you wish to modify that? If so, your wish has been answered. Apple presented a new factor in iOS version 14 that allows you to customize the look of apps installed on your iPhone. It can be applied to all applications if it is installed on your device.
This specific feature is offered in iOS version 14 and higher released updates. So, in case you are making use of an update older than iOS 14, you will need to upgrade your iOS version first. You can then customize your apps using the Shortcuts app. If you want to know how this feature works, we’re here to help. As mentioned above, we took the Messenger app as an example. The steps below are the same for all apps you wish to customize. With that being said, let’s learn more about how you can change the Messenger icon.
Overview Of Aesthetic Messenger Icon
Messenger icon aesthetic for iPhone is a new Apple update that reflects your unique style. It is the perfect way to make a statement and show off your personality. The best part about setting an aesthetic icon for the Messenger application on iPhone is that it is completely customizable. Yes! It can be whatever you want it to be. You can choose the colour, design and even the fonts that you wish.
The ability to change the Messenger icon for iPhone in iOS version 14 is an interesting new feature that has been released with iOS 14. The newly designed icon can bring a new look to the messaging app and make it more aesthetically pleasing to look at. Even stickers can be used to change the look of the icons on the home screen. By using stickers, you can make your iPhone look more unique. You can also use the stickers to make your app more personal.
Steps To Change Default Messenger App Icon to Your Own
- Before starting the Messenger app icon change process, you have to keep ready the image/s you wish to replace the default app icon with. So, save the image/s in your Gallery to use later.
- You will have an app named ‘Shortcuts’ already present on your iPhone. If not, download it from the App store. After opening the Shortcuts app, click on the ‘+’ sign you see in the top right corner. Then, press the ‘Add Action’ button.
- Type ‘Open App’ in the text space and tap on it.. Tap ‘Choose’ and search for the Messenger app (or any app you wish to change the icon of).
- Tap the three dots on the top right then click on the button ‘Add to Home Screen’. Now, tap and hold the placeholder icon.
- Out of the three options visible, choose the one you find appropriate.. ‘Choose Photo’ if your new icon image is saved in your iPhone Gallery.
- Select your pick and click on ‘Choose’. Name the shortcut for the Messenger app (or the one you wish). The name you type will be the one displayed on your iPhone home screen.
- Click on ‘Add’ at the top right corner to add the icon and name to your shortcut and then press on ‘Done’ again at the top right corner, to confirm your changes.
You can see the new shortcut, with your selected image and given name, on your iPhone/iPad home screen. Navigate back to the home display screen and there you will see both the shortcut and the default app.
Since the original and the new Messenger apps will be present on your home screen, you can simply remove the previous one. Just tap and hold on the original Messenger app and select the ‘Remove App’ option. You’ll find the default Messenger app (or any other) safe in your iPhone app library.
Samples For Aesthetic Messenger Icon
The internet is a vast space with so many different icons available. All these icons can be used to make the display of your Apple device more interesting and entertaining. Nowadays no one prefers the same old default icons. Every Apple user is customizing their device according to their preference. Here are some images to inspire you:
Facts To Remember
- The custom app icon feature does not allow you to customize all apps at once. You cannot customize multiple apps, you will have to do it individually.
- This feature is applied through the Shortcuts app. It helps to create a new shortcut instead of changing the original app icon.
- After removing the original app icon from the home screen, you can access it in your iPhone’s app library.
- You can customize the app as many times as you wish.
- This feature can be used for all installed apps on your device.
- If you don’t have the Shortcuts app on your iPhone, you can download it from the App Store.
- This feature is only available in iOS 14 and above.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the personalizing application icon feature free to use?
The custom app icon option is a new feature launched by Apple in its iOS 14. It is free of cost to use and can be applied for all installed apps (both default and downloaded) on your iPhone.
- Is this feature applicable to people using an update lower than iOS version 14?
To use the personalizing app icon feature, you will need to update your iPhone to iOS version 14 or above.
- How to personalize the aesthetics of an application?
To customize an app’s aesthetics on an iPhone, you need to use the Shortcuts app that comes pre-installed on your device.
Thanks to Apple’s new update, iOS 14 users can enjoy customizing app icons through the Shortcuts app. You can customize app icons with different designs or a theme if you wish to follow, keep it seasonal by changing the aesthetics of your iPhone every festival or whenever you wish, follow a colour palette of your choice, etc. Play with your icons through the Shortcuts app that is in-built on all Apple devices with iOS 14 and above.