Almost everyone has an iPhone or an iPad these days. But because iOS offers so many capabilities, we seldom utilize them all – or even know about some of them. The location feature, which covertly stores regularly visited sites, is a lesser-known feature. Because this data is saved locally on the device, neither Apple nor anyone else has access to it but you. It may, however, irritate you that it exists.
Your phone knows where you were last week, or even last month, whether you remember it or not. Every major tech company uses the data of its users in several different ways. One of these ways is to track the location of your phone. If you use google maps on your iPhone or iPad, it becomes much easier to track down your site. Google maps keep a very detailed track and history of your data.
Although this feature can come in handy if you lose your phone by mistake, it also becomes an issue of privacy intrusion; many companies deny using our data for any purpose. However, these statements are proved as white lies when you find out that your location was being tracked the whole time. However, by default, most of these location tracking services are on your phone. You can switch them off if you so desire.
Now, in case you were wondering how to find out the location history on your iPhone or iPad, below mentioned points will help you:
- Go to the settings.
- Scroll down and then go to privacy.
- Go to location services.
- Now scroll down and go to ‘system services.’ You will see an option there called “significant locations.”
- Select the significant locations option.
- Now, if you have enabled passcode or face lock ID, you must input the code or face ID.
- Then, you see different locations you have visited under ” history. ” You can also see the date when you visited these locations.
- Now, if you want to know more details, you can always select that option, and it will show you on which date you visited a specific location and how many times you visited that location.
- You can select and click on each location. Your iPhone will give you all information regarding it, like when you visited that specific location, how many times you saw that particular location, and so on.
- Likewise, you can gather all the information about each of the locations shown on your iPhone or iPad by simply clicking on each site precisely one by one.
However, to successfully find your location history, you need to ensure that the location services on your iPhone or iPad are always switched on, and you carry your device with you.
If you are unable to follow the instructions, you watch this video for better clarification on how to find your location history:
Can A Third Party Track Your Location?
Because always carry your phone with you, your iPhone utilizes the information from whatever you use, like the Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and so on, to determine its position, as well as yours. This information may be beneficial for various purposes, including letting people know where you are or locating your phone if it has been misplaced. Other times, it’s simply more information that services and businesses acquire about you, causing privacy worries.
However, you can control your iPhone or iPad to prevent this data usage by yourself up to a considerable degree. One of the ways to do it is to turn off the location on your phone and other apps that use GPS by yourself. Now, this question must come to the mind of every Ios user can anyone locate them via their iPhone or iPads? The answer is yes. But it is not so easy.
1. Location Texts
One of the simplest ways someone else can track your location is to send them the site yourself.
2. Find My iPhone App
Another way is to find my iPhone app. This app lets you track your iPhone or iPad quickly and comes in handy for people who easily misplace or lose their phones. If any of your friends or family members have this app installed on your phone, and they have your Apple ID account, they can very easily track your location. So make sure to create a unique Apple ID and only share it with people you trust.
3. Photos Containing Data Of Location
Most iPhones and iPads have this feature of adding the geographical location to your photos as you click them. While you send them to someone via email or SMS, these photos still contain the area. Most applications have settings that erase these location data, but emails and SMSs don’t. So the best way to protect your location data is to remove the location data from the photo while sharing by disabling the location option.
4. Cell Towers
This matter has been a massive concern of users over the years. If you use a sim card, you cannot avoid these. The cell towers identify your location using the triangulation method, similar to the GPS. Many of these cellular carriers have been found to sell this geographical information to different companies.
If you do not want anyone tracking you without your knowledge, make sure to switch the location of your iPhone or iPad manually; ensure to check if the site has been turned off after using an app that needs you to turn your site every time you use it. It is essential to go through your phone and look for any tracking app installed. These will help you protect your privacy in a better and more efficient manner.
How To Delete Your Location History From Your iPhone Or iPad?
After finding your locations on your iPhone, you must be aware a third party tracks your area. You might wonder how to delete your location history so that no one learns of your whereabouts without your permission? Here is how you can delete the location history from your iPhone or iPad:
- Scroll down to Privacy in the Settings menu.
- Go to Location Services and choose it. In this section, you can see which applications utilize your location and when they do so.
- Scroll down to System Services and press it. This will display built-in services that utilize your location to deliver location-based Apple advertisements or adjust the time zone automatically. Change their settings to suit your needs.
- Go to the Significant Locations section now. You’ll be prompted to sign in using either your Apple ID or Touch ID.
- Your iPhone’s location history may be seen here. You have the option of deleting each location separately or clearing them all at once.
- To remove a particular record, press Edit in the top right-hand corner, tap the Delete sign – or click on the city, pick the location, and then swipe left.
- Scroll down and hit Clear history to erase all records.
If you want to deactivate Significant Locations and turn off location on iPhone, slide the bar to the left. It is possible to re-enable it at any moment. Apple staff cannot access the data from Significant Locations since it is encrypted and saved on your phone.
Privacy has been one of the utmost concerns of users in this era. No one can ensure that our data is not being misused. It is happening in front of our eyes, ignoring it because it has no immediate effect on our lifestyles. But what we cannot see is how we are being manipulated with the help of our data itself. From what we should buy to what we should order for dinner, all is suggested, and most of us follow it. Our preferences and our opinions are being influenced.
Our data is a powerful weapon that could be used for something severe; it’s about time we understand the implications and results that will come if we let these giant companies use our personal information without a second thought. Accepting cookies might allow us to access a website, but it also allows us to gather our data, which we might not want to share with others. So, the best way to protect ourselves from these intrusions is to make sure to regularly check our phones, follow strict precautions while letting any website access our data, and protect our personal information.