Vizio TVs demonstrate why tv sets are so popular throughout the market. It’s not just a question of cost. They have great features and great picture quality. Many folks, however, wonder how to keep a Vizio TV from switching off on its own. This is due to the fact that the majority of Vizio Smart TV users experience the issue of the Vizio TV getting itself off and on. What if your Vizio TV starts up on its own? Before you begin to think your house is haunted, you must know that it does occur from time to time. This is not the case. Nonetheless, there is something you can do about it. You should inspect the speakers as well, as this will help you identify the problem.
Why Does My VIZIO TV Keep Turning Off By Itself?
Why then does your VIZIO TV turn off on its own, and why does this problem persist? We provide a few hints and tips to help you understand why this problem occurs and how to identify the underlying cause.
- A problem with your power source could be the source of the problem; maybe a power surge causes your Vizio TV to shut down. Disconnect it from the electrical outlet and untangle all of the cords. If the TV is connected to an electrical strip, try plugging it directly into a power outlet.
- Another possibility is that the HDMI cable linked to the TV is compromised, or that the HDMI port itself would be broken. In the event of a faulty cord, replace it as soon as possible. If the HDMI port is compromised, it should be left idle with no circuit attached.
Or for more info:
VIZIO TV Switches Off on Its Own: Simple Solutions
Why is my Vizio TV constantly turning off? You can find the explanation for this phenomenon by first attempting these straightforward troubleshooting repairs. Attempt them one at a time.
1. Restart Your Vizio TV
First and probably most important, you can attempt power cycling your TV, which is a traditional procedure used by many Vizio TV users to resolve the problem of the Vizio TV shutting down.
- Turn off your Vizio TV and then unplug all connected cables.
- Disconnect the television from the wall outlet as well.
- Look for the power switch on the rear end of your television.
- Hold down the power icon for 3-5 seconds.
- Now, keep your TV in this condition for 30 minutes.
- Try to plug your Vizio TV and reconnect all of the wires after 30 minutes.
- Eventually, switch on your Vizio television.
For many customers, power cycling resolved the Vizio TV continues to turn off problem. However, if it does not solve the issue, you should proceed to the next repair.
2. Remove the remote’s battery packs:
You must first detach the batteries from the TV remote, as well as the batteries from other remotes, and see if that’s the source of the problem. You should also make sure that there have been no obstacles in the trail of your TV as well as the remote that are obstructing the IR signals. There are many causes for your Vizio TV to restart, but this is among the most common. According to many Vizio TV owners, a faulty Vizio remote, and any other remote with IR sabers, can cause your Vizio tv to turn off at irregular intervals.
3. Examine the Remote Power Button:
What if the power click on your tv remote becomes stuck? Check and feel the power click on your Vizio TV controllable to see if it is trapped. Genuinely feeling the power switch and other icons on the remote is the finest way to verify this. If you notice a distinction between the power switch and other icons, it’s possible that tiny particles have gotten under it and are interfering with its operation. You must tidy your controller and restore the power switch to working order. To clean the controller and the tiny areas between the knobs, use a cotton earpiece.
Debugging: VIZIO TV Switches Itself Off
The following are some tried-and-true troubleshooting methodologies for the Vizio TV switching off the problem. Although these are basic troubleshooting methods for most leisure gadgets, they come in very handy when troubleshooting.
1. Hard Reset the Television:
When your Vizio TV tries to turn itself off, you must perform a hard reset on the machine. To perform a factory reset on your Vizio TV, click the start button situated on the device’s rear plate. How to Reset a Vizio TV:
- Switch off your Vizio television.
- Disconnect the power wire from the source and keep it unplugged.
- The power button is located on the back of your Vizio TV. Because the buttons all look the same, you’ll have to look carefully to figure out which one is the power button.
- Hold down the power key on your television for about 10 seconds.
- After ten min, restart your television.
If the hard relaunch does not resolve the issue, proceed to the next method.
Or more info:
2. Examine the Connected Devices:
A linked streaming device, such as a Chromecast as well as Fire TV Stick, may affect the Vizio TV to switch off. This could also be caused by other connected devices, such as a Blu-Ray player. Internal glitches in linked devices can occasionally provoke your Vizio TV to close down suddenly at regular intervals.
To see if it’s a component that connects to your Vizio TV that’s causing the problem, unplug all connected devices and leave them unhooked for an hour to notice if the TV stops switching off. If it does, it implies that one of the linked devices is to blame for the issue. You can locate the troublesome device by patching the devices one at a time. There could also be an issue with the device’s input or cables, which would necessitate a replacement. Turn off HDMI CEC on your TV for a while to rule out any prospect.
3. Firmware Upgrade:
Any device with firmware necessitates updates to repair existing problems and add new characteristics. Vizio, like other OEMs, discharges firmware upgrades. As a result, you should verify your Vizio TV for firmware updates and install them as soon as possible to resolve issues such as the Vizio TV turning off on its own. To update your Vizio TV, follow the steps below.
How to Upgrade the Firmware on a Vizio TV:
- On your Vizio Television remote, push the Menu button.
- Navigate to System > Check for Updates.
- If an update is released, verify that you want to install it.
If a firmware upgrade does not resolve the Vizio TV continues to turn off problem, you should try the technique listed below.
Or for more information:
4. Turn off the auto-off feature:
Vizio TVs include an ‘Auto-Off’ feature that turns the TV off after a predetermined amount of time. However, this should only occur when the TV is turned off. As a result, this could clarify why your Vizio TV abruptly shuts down. To disable the function, follow the instructions below. How to Disable Auto-Off on a Vizio TV:
- On the Vizio Television remote, push the Menu button.
- Navigate to Timers > Auto Power Off.
- Turn the choice off.
If your Vizio TV continues to turn off again after you switch off the Auto-off function, you must proceed to the next method.
5. Plug Your TV Into An Outlet:
Another prospect is that you do have a power surge. Many devices linked to the very same source of power (power board/strip) could be affecting your Vizio TV to lose power. To resolve the issue, plug your Vizio TV straightforwardly into a power outlet. If your Vizio TV continues to turn off after plugging in the charging cable directly, proceed to the next technique.
6. Avoid Overheating:
If your Vizio sensors detect getting too hot, it may turn itself off. The sensors that sense overheating may be faulty, in which case they must be replaced. You must notify Vizio customer service to arrange for an expert technician to substitute the detectors, as this procedure will necessitate the removal of the TV’s motherboard.
Presuming it’s an overheating problem, reducing the processing electricity and cooling off the TV should solve the problem for the time being. To reduce the device’s handling power and thermal accumulation, try cooling it down by fanning the rear panel and reducing the light output, crispness, contrast, and color.
Vizio televisions have carved out a niche for themselves after the entry-level and mid-range markets. Vizio TVs, just like every other TV, can experience problems such as Vizio TV shutting down. You can resolve the problem by attempting all of the debugging methods and repairs recommended in this article. If nothing works, you must notify Vizio customer service to schedule a service tech visit. We hope our guidance on Vizio TV turns itself off assists you in resolving the issue and returning the TV to normal operation.