Have you ever wanted to change the look of your iPhone to suit your style but couldn’t because Apple didn’t allow customization? Almost every Apple user would have faced this situation at some point. It is finally possible after the release of iOS version 14. With the help of the Shortcuts application on the Apple device, customization is possible.
Introduction To Weather Aesthetic Icon
The new iOS 14 update for iPhone introduces a host of new features, one of which is the ability to change the look of your home screen. In addition to being able to choose from a variety of new wallpapers, you can now also add widgets to your home screen. And, if you’re someone who likes to customize their phone to match their personal style, you’ll be happy to know that there are now a variety of ways to change the look of your app icons as well.
iOS 14 is a new operating system for the iPhone that was released in September 2020. It includes many new features, one of which is the ability to customize your home screen with widgets. It also has a new App Library that organizes all of your apps into categories. One of the most exciting new features is the ability to change your app icons to whatever you want.
Steps To Set Weather Aesthetic Icon
- Launch the Shortcuts app.
- The ‘+'” symbol should be selected.
- Next is the option to ‘add’.
- Select the app you want to customize. In this case, choose the ‘Weather’ application. Select ‘Add To Home Screen to create a customized app and display it on your home screen.
- Enter a name and then select the image you want to set as the icon for that particular app (in this case the weather app).
- Once everything is done, click ‘Done’ to save all the changes you’ve made.
- Go to your home screen and find the weather app with an aesthetic icon and your preferred name.
What Happens To The Default App?
After creating a new customized app using the Shortcuts app, the default app can be removed from the home screen. Long press the default app and select ‘Remove’. The app is moved to your Apple device’s library to free up space on your home screen.
Aesthetic Weather Icons For iOS 14
Here are some sample images to help you better understand what the weather icon aesthetic could look like.
Almost any picture or image found on the internet can be used as an app icon. Just long press on a picture or image to download it, save it to your gallery and use it later during the customization process.
The only downside to the Shortcuts app is the ability to not customize all apps at once. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon in the iOS versions yet to come.
Key Points To Remember
- The original/default application is accessible from the application library of the particular device.
- Creating an app using the Shortcuts app will not make changes to the default/original app.
- Available for iOS versions 14 and above.
- This process only creates a new proxy.
- Customization can be done through ‘Shortcuts’ app.
- The original or default app can be removed from the home screen.
1. How to download the Shortcuts app?
The Shortcuts app is pre-installed on Apple device. But the customization feature is available in iOS version 14 and above only.
Many resources offer application icons that can be used. These can be used according to the theme and ensure that the app icon matches the background.
2. How many apps can be personalized at the same time through ‘Shortcuts’?
Only one at a time. Multiple applications cannot be customized at once. The procedure should be followed for all applications individually.
Personalization is important when it comes to creating a good app icon. It allows the user to feel special and unique. Customization is the key to making your device stand out. The aesthetic iPhone icon is an important part of the iPhone experience and contributes to the overall appeal of the device. One might find it important to keep the default element of the design and not change it too drastically. Although other users may consider the icon to be outdated, it is important to preserve the identity of Apple devices.