Are you facing any problems with your AirPods? Is one of your AirPods having louder sounds than the other? People who use AirPods often face these issues and sometimes these issues can irritate them. The reason for this malfunction can be related to the software quantity problem or a physical issue with the device.
There are many reasons for one of your AirPods sounding louder than the other. One of the basic issues lies within the unequal adaptation in its stability. If you have made some changes in the settings concerning the balance, then one of the AirPod can sound louder. You can fix this issue from your place itself. Go to the settings, click on general, then select accessibility and hearing particularly. Then adjust the stability of the sounds of the AirPods to the center so that the sound will be equally distributed.
If this still doesn’t fix your AirPods issue, there is nothing to worry about. This article will provide you with a variety of solutions to this common yet frustrating problem. Make sure you read till the end to gain an adequate amount of knowledge with which you can solve issues for yourself and the others around.
Reasons For One AirPod Being Louder Than The Other
It can irritate you if the sounds coming from the AirPods are unequal when you are listening to your favorite songs or binge-watching your favorite series. This issue can make you think that your AirPods have broken, but this can’t be the case most of the time. The reason is as follows:
- It can be really difficult to examine the real cause of this imbalance of sounds in the AirPods. This can either be due to a software issue or a hardware problem.
- A change in the setting of the balance of audio, a connectivity issue, a broker AirPod can be a few of the many reasons.
- Some rare problems can be the accumulation of dirt in the AirPod which can restrict the sound coming from it.
- It is also said that the accumulation of earwax on the surface of the AirPods is the main cause of this problem.
Below listed are the ways to determine the cause of this problem. Follow each step with diligence and you will be able to unveil the root cause.
1. Cleanse the AirPods and their case
A lot of times dust, dirt, and other particles get accumulated on the AirPods or its case and can cause destruction of the AirPods hardware system. You should also remember to clean the charging case of the AirPods because the accumulation of dirt there too can damage the device due to which the process of charging will slow down.
- Use a muslin cloth for cleaning the devices. Remember not to use tissue papers or any other similar material cloth as it will shed particles which can get accumulated there causing greater problems.
- Gently clean the AirPods and the case using a soft cloth.
- You can also use a toothbrush to extract the dirt particle stuck in between two compartments or lines.
2. Verify the sound stability of the AirPods
It can often happen that when listening to music the sound only comes from one AirPod and the other seems to be off or the other one has a low sound comparatively. You can resolve this by just verifying if the settings are accurate. The audio level of both the AirPods can be adjusted to experience excellent sound quality. Follow the steps mentioned below to examine and make the necessary changes in the settings.
- On the iPhone, go to Settings.
- Select Accessibility > Audio/Visual from the drop-down menu.
- To reset the audio equilibrium to its default mode, move the scale to the middle.
3. Try restarting your iPhone device
Restarting helps the device to start anew and it also helps the device to power up a bit. You can try restarting your phone to check if the issue is resolved or not, as restarting can often fix smaller issues concerning software systems in the iPhones.
- Push the power button on the phone and wait in the same position for a while. After some time the power off slider will appear on the device’s screen.
- To turn off your device, slide the power slider to the right side.
- Wait for a minute before restarting your phone. Hold the power button and wait till the logo arrives on the screen to restart the iPhone.
If your power button is not working or is damaged, don’t get panicky. Follow these steps which are an alternative to restarting your device.
Go to General > Settings.
- Proceed to the end of the page and select Shut Down.
- To switch off your iPhone, look for the slider then slide this to the right.
- Insert the phone into the charger to restart it. Then it will switch on immediately.
4. Try resetting your AirPods
Small software problems like difficulty in connection, faster diminishing battery lids, etc can be resolved by resetting the AirPods. Resetting in AirPods is similar to resetting in iPhone, where you receive a “new start” option. Follow the below process of resetting the AirPods.
- Try pressing and holding the Setup button on the AirPods Charging Case.
- Watch for the status indicator to go from amber to white.
- Release the setup button once it glows brightly white. You’ve effectively reset your AirPods.
- You must now re-pair your AirPods with the iPhone. Verify to see if the problem with one AirPod being louder has been settled once they’ve been paired.
You can also follow this video tutorial for a better understanding.
5. Reset the settings entirely
It is a myth that resetting the settings entirely can make you lose all your confidential data. You do not lose any data, you only change the settings to the default mode. All your pictures from the gallery and contacts will remain as it is. You will only need to enter your Wi-Fi credentials again as you will be adjusting the settings of the battery.
Resetting all the settings can help resolve most issues but still some of the software problems won’t be resolved entirely. But you can try it once and check if it is working for you or not as it is undoubtedly one of the most common and simple remedies for iPhone issues. Follow this guide to reset the settings completely.
- Reset your device by going to Settings > General > Reset.
- Now press the Reset All Settings button.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm your iPhone’s passcode; type it in to continue.
- You’ll have to press the Reset All Settings option once again.
- A progress bar will appear after the feature is activated.
- After the procedure is finished, await the restart of the iPhone.
6. Remove all the earwax from the device
AirPods volume can be corrected by cleaning the crucial speakers of it. Use a soft cloth or a towel to do this. Hold the cloth over the device’s mesh and clean it thoroughly. Keep cleaning until you are satisfied, but make sure not to use force or excess pressure as it can damage your Airpods. Once you are done, play some music to verify if there has been a noticeable change or not in the quality of sound.
AirPods or earphones usually tend to build dirt and earwax due to which the sound quality diminishes. This technique was shown on the Apple Support Communities and has been implemented by many users and has worked fabulously many times.
7. Regulate AirPods and iPhone
There are times when AirPods disable the usage of a broad gamut concerning the sound quality and ability. You can try to calibrate the AirPods and iPhone devices. You may think it is very difficult or that you will need a professional to do this task but trust us it is very easy.
Remove your AirPods and start listening to music.
- By using volume buttons, lower the iPhone’s audio to the lowest setting. At this time, the AirPods ought to be quiet.
- Disconnect Bluetooth on your iPhone at this point. Always keep the AirPods put in your ears.
- Begin playing music anew, but this time through the iPhone’s speakers. Lower the amount of volume to the lowest setting once more.
- Re-pair your AirPods. From the notification area on your iPhone, activate Bluetooth. To re-enable your AirPods, go to the Settings app, hit “Bluetooth,” then hit “AirPods.”
- The AirPods and iPhones must now be adjusted correctly. Stream songs through your AirPods to see whether the sound difficulties are resolved.
8. Approach the Apple Store for assistance
If none of the above-mentioned tricks and techniques are working for you, it means it is high time you contact the Apple Store as early as possible. There are two ways in which you can approach the stores, either by mail or by walking yourself to the nearby store. You can book a slot for consultation at Genius Bar in the Apple Store from the official website of Apple. Their online mail or telephone service also acts as customer care, where you can tell them your query.
The only thing you will have to remember is whether you are eligible for a refund or replacement from the store you purchased from or not. If you can get an exchange, there is no other good news than that as it is two times faster than going for repair service at Apple.
1. Why are my AirPods louder on one side?
The main reason why one AirPod is louder compared to the other is due to distorted audio balance. If the audio balance isn’t managed, it will affect the volume output and hence affect the sound that you hear from one or either of the Airpods at a time.
2. How do you clean AirPod speakers?
AirPods are a daily necessity in our life, so it isn’t surprising that they get dirty pretty quickly. If you notice the speakers filled with dirt and dust, we’d recommend getting a cleaning tool to take out all the gunk and dirt. You can also use a dry cotton swab to clean out the debris and dirt from the meshes. If that doesn’t work, you can also switch to a soft-bristled brush to clean the rest. Make sure you also clean the microphone area.
3. Why isn’t my left AirPod working?
The most common reason why the left AirPod isn’t working is due to dirt and debris accumulation. However, sometimes, the lack of audio balance also causes the issue. What we’d recommend is you check the Airpod Settings under Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Balance. You need to ensure that the balance is in the middle.
4. Can earwax damage AirPods?
The accumulation of earwax, dirt, debris, and grime can end up damaging the AirPods and affecting their longevity. What we’d recommend you do is clean it occasionally using a cleaning tool or a soft-bristled brush to dislodge any stuck dirt in the mesh or microphone.
5. Does Apple clean AirPods for free?
If your Airpods only need an outer cleaning, an Apple store will do it for you without any additional charge. However, anything beyond that will be charged depending on the extent of the cleaning involved.
The Bottom Line
AirPods from Apple are the most famous wireless earbuds which exist in the market. They are designed in such a terrific way that it is on the bucket list of many. But like any other device, it too can sometimes have issues, one of the AirPods being louder than the other is one of them. If you face any problem regarding this issue, you can easily trust our article to act as a guide that will help fix your problem!